Regardless of your organization’s employee count, number of locations, and budget, VoIP is the absolute right choice for small business phone systems. There are a number of reasons why a small business might be looking to upgrade, migrate, or purchase their first phone system. Either way, a small business should only be looking into a VoIP system. Do NOT purchase a digital or a hybrid system (digital system with some VoIP capabilities). Why? Many reasons:
- The benefits of VoIP in a small business phone system are invaluable.
- Global presence management (the ability to see if users are on the phone, in do not disturb, etc – regardless of their communication device or location).
- Remote employees can answer calls, transfer, and park; see calls in queue, etc – regardless of their location! We’re seeing more and more small businesses use small business phone system technology to build “virtual” offices to keep professional appearances up and costs down.
- Find-me / follow-me and call forwarding: Take your extension anywhere and stay connected. This is great for mobile employees and road warriors.
- Manage the phone system YOURSELF from anywhere– with simple web-based administration tools. Why pay the local phone “tech” lots of money to add a phone, delete a voicemail box, etc?
- Get your own phone number – with a Direct Inward Dial (DID) number.
- Stay in touch – get your voicemails emailed to your mobile device.
These are just a few features available in the right small business phone system.
- A VOIP small business phone system potentially costs the same as a digital or hybrid one.
- No research and develop is being spent on legacy digital OR hybrid technology. Don’t be caught in a situation where your equipment is no longer manufactured or supported in a few years.
- If designed right, the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) is MUCH less with a VoIP small business phone system. Features like web-based administration, simplified wiring (like a computer, just unplug and plug the phone into another jack if you want to move it), and ability take advantage of SIP trunking over inexpensive Internet connections – are all just a few reasons a VOIP small business phone system can save you considerably over time.