ShoreTel® Unified Communications
What is Unified Communications?
Unified Communication is a spectrum of capabilities designed to increase productivity and collaboration among users across a variety of mediums. Including:
- Presence - a key component of ShoreTel® Unified Communications. It enables you to find the best person available for live contact, and also shows you the state of the receiver so you can choose the best or richest mode of communications.
- Mobility – the ability to communicate using any device no matter where you are.
- Unified Messaging – the integration of e-mail, voicemail, and ultimately video mail, using existing enterprise contact directories as a common database.
- Video – brings a new dimension to traditional voice calling by letting users “meet” face-to-face with remote individuals from wherever they happen to be.
“Inflow is honored to have been named a ShoreTel® Gold Champion Partner.”
What Does Unified Communications Mean for my business?
Inflow Communications focuses on designing solutions that integrate voice, instant messaging, video, email, fax, presence, mobile devices, and business applications into one medium that will improve efficiencies, save money, and improve our client’s image. This is commonly referred to as “Unified Communications.”
SIP Over Internet Technology Integration
Service Initiated Protocol (SIP) is a signaling communications protocol intended to control the method and order in which your audio data packets are sent and received over an internet connection by identifying and carrying session media. SIP achieves this by working in conjunction with other protocols such as Session Description Protocol (SDP) for media identification, Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) or Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) for streaming media, and Transport Layer Security (TLS) layer encryption security.
Inflow has the technical knowledge to understand what needs your business has for SIP communications by looking at factors of your company structure and network configuration that can determine the requirements for quality communication, and are able to integrate the technology at any point of service to ensure the highest quality performance. With Inflow’s abilities and superior customer service, you will be able to maintain competitive performance in all of your communication endeavors, as well as have peace of mind with the reliability of your network.
Take a look at some information resources to find out more about Service Initiated Protocol and how it impacts business communication quality:
- Does placing SIP calls over the Internet cause quality issues?
- SIP Trunks Without an IP PBX
- Why is Inflow Communications so involved with SIP?
- Session Initiation Protocol on Wikipedia